Saturday, June 7, 2008

Beginnings

I've recently gotten addicted to reading other people's blogs so I guess the next obvious step is to start my own. Basically for me it's going to be away to get some stuff out of my head. My husband doesn't always want to hear about it all so why not just share it with the world? :)

I first wanted it to be like a vent but after a week at the beach I've decided it's going to be more positive than that. I'm working on complaining less and trying to be more positive.

I admit the positive thing has always been a challenge for me. However the last 3 years have brought some seriously life altering events. My first son, Austin, was born in June 2005. He brought more joy and happiness to my life than I have ever experienced.

Also during this time my dad was undergoing treatment for colon cancer. He was first diagnosed in October 2000. He had surgery to remove the massive growth and went through chemo. Tests in 2001 showed he was cancer free. Unfortunately tests in April of 2004 showed that the cancer was back. It was mine and my husband's one year wedding anniversary and we had originally wanted to wait until we were married for 2 years before trying to get pregnant. But I had this gut feeling that maybe this time things wouldn't work out for my dad and I wanted him to at least get to meet one of his grandchildren. Thankfully my dad did get to do that if only for a short while. He passed away in March of 2006. I'm sure I'll get more in depth about this later because I'll admit that I have not fully dealt with it.

We decided to have another baby and my second son, Logan, was born in December 2007. I'm sure that anyone else that has boys can understand how crazy it can get with their nonstop energy. Right after Logan was born, Bobby's dad got sick and doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. They finally figured out at the beginning of March that he had an extremely rare uncurable blood disease called Amyloidosis. He probably had had it for a few years but the symptoms are such that it makes it hard to diagnose and it had affected all of his organs. He ended up passing away the middle of March.

So you see, we've been through quite a lot. It's change the way that I look at A LOT of things. I am determined that these events are going to make me a better person. I appreciate my friends and family a lot more. I try to let go of any anger I have more easily but thats hard. Hopefully this blog will help me do those things.

1 comment:

Nicole Roberts said...

I was excited to see a link to your blog on Jessica's page. :) Looks like you are doing well. You have adorable boys!
Nicole