Monday, July 28, 2008

Colds, Computer Viruses and Time Flies By

Title says it all! We all got a cold the week of the 14th. I think I had it worst though! It's probably due to the sleep deprivation. It was one of those where you just keep going from hot to cold because of a fever. Trying to take care of 2 kids who are also sick just plain crazy! This is definitely one of those times when I wished we lived closer to the grandmothers. Thankfully my mother-in-law came over the day I was the sickest to take care of the boys and let me sleep! Of course as I was getting better Logan got sick. At first he was the happiest baby with a fever I had ever seen but then the only way I was able to get him to sleep was by snuggling him into bed with me and setting the Pack N Play back up in our room. Did I mention that Bobby had to go out of town 1 night during all of this? Well all better now and it trully proves how much more you can handle than you think you can.

As for the computer....It has a horrible virus. One of those that attacks from multiple fronts. I think it was an e-mail that Bobby opened the night before I started it up and it attacked. After an unsuccessful fix provided by McAfee (think I'm switching after this thing got through) and the advice Jessica gave me didn't help (which I trully do appreciate), I sent it to work with Bobby to let their IT guy reformat the hard drive. I know I could have done it but I just don't have the time and he can do it so much faster. Evidently they had a similar virus on a couple of their work computers a few years ago so hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow! Two weeks of only being able to check my e-mail when Bobby brings his laptop home from work has been quite an adjustment. I haven't even been able to balance my checkbook (I manage all of our finances with Quicken).

So I was going to originally post about the great week that I had at the beginning of July. For my birthday my mom got me a horse back riding trip at this great ranch near Madison, Southern Cross Guest Ranch. It was only 2 hours but wonderful to get out and do something for myself. I took lessons in elementary school and had horses until middle school so it was passion that I let go and was glad to experience again. Me and sister have both been about having experiences to remember lately. So I didn't want anymore "stuff" and wanted to do something I enjoyed. By the way this place is a great bed and breakfast if you need a weekend away that isn't far away. It might seem a little pricey but considering all that's included it's a pretty good deal.

I also organized a speaker from Safe Kids Georgia to come talk to our local MOMS Club about car seat safety. I somehow have been talked into being the president of our group going on 2 years now so I'm in charge of keeping things interesting. Anyway she was able to answer a lot of questions for moms about car seat safety including the more controversial issue of booster seats. I was so glad to be able to provide my mom friends info to help protect their kids. One mom is now on a mission to get the elementary school her daughter goes to, to get the staff informed about safety and only allow children to be placed in the back seat of the vehicle. It is really scary so of the stuff we've seen people do including police officers. Which reminds me, if you do ever get your seat checked make sure that it is done by a Child Passenger Safety Technician. Sometimes there are seat checks provided but the people doing the checking don't really know what they're doing. So make sure that you ask to be sure!

Sorry no photos. I'll get some up when I get my computer back. I'll post more later but this is already so long and it's getting close to my bedtime. :)

1 comment:

The Partins said...

I'd die without my laptop! It helps being married to a software architect though. It's like being sick and married to a doctor! :-)

Hope you are all feeling better! I can't imagine being sick with two little ones. ugg!